About HoJo PV Baseball
Former MLB All Star
Howard Johnson (born November 29, 1960), nicknamed HoJo, is a former switch hitting third baseman and Coach in Major League Baseball who played for the Detroit Tigers, New York Mets, Colorado Rockies and Chicago Cubs from 1982 to 1995. He is third on the Mets' all-time lists for home runs, runs batted in, doubles, and stolen bases.
- Member of the 1984 World Series champion Tigers and the 1986 World Series champion Mets.
- 1992-1997: Held career National League record for home runs by a switch hitter.
- 1987-1996: Held single-season National League record for home runs by a switch hitter.
- Three-time member of the 30-30 club (1987, 1989 and 1991). Only Bobby Bonds, Barry Bonds and Alfonso Soriano have reached the marks more often.
- 1987-1991: Second highest home run total in the National League behind only teammate Darryl Strawberry.
- 1989 and 1991: Member of the National League All-Star team.
- 1989 and 1991: Winner of National League Silver Slugger award for third basemen.
- Second on Mets all-time home run list from 1991 until 2004.
- Second on Mets all-time RBI list from 1993 until 2005.
- 1991: Became the only switch-hitter to ever lead the NL in both HR and RBI in the same season.
- 1991: Became the only Met to lead the National League in RBI.
- 1991: Became the first switch-hitter to lead the National League in RBI. (Lance Berkman became the second in 2002.)
- June 1989, September 1991: Winner of the National League Player of the Month award. He was the last Met to win the award until David Wright in June 2006.
High Tech Coaching
Coach Preston Peavy has been a lifelong baseball fanatic and high tech baseball Coach since the 1970's.
Utilizing advanced computer skills, Coach Peavy has pioneered affordable high speed computerized motion analysis techniques and systems, which have allowed him to develop his patented Step by Step Teaching System to be effective for teaching pro techniques to athletes at all ages and skill levels.
Coach Peavy was selected by author Jane Leavy and Harper Collins to produce the full kinematic baseball hitting analysis of Mickey Mantle from both sides of the plate for the NY Times Best Seller "The Last Boy-Mickey Mantle and the End of America's Childhood".
You can learn more about the book at Jane Leavy's website. If you purchase the book, you can join Coach Peavy's team training website for free and view the full motion analysis video's of Mantle's swing HERE.
You can train one on one with Coach Peavy HERE.
The Ultimate Coaching Team
Coach Peavy and HoJo have been working together to change and improve the way baseball is taught, since 2006.
High tech coaching systems and techniques along with a proven Major League record........a tough combination to beat.